14 Healthy & Fancy Yet EASY To-Go Lunches by Dr. Paul
Now's your chance to make lunch look beautiful! As a general rule I have a go to formula for my lunches and dinners:
A lot of my lunches are fairly plain & definitely NOT complex, BUT here are some other, more fun options!
1. Taco Bowls
- 2 cups veg: 1 cup lettuce + 1 cup tomatoes & onions + 1/2 stir-fried bell pepper
- 4-5oz protein: 4oz grilled chicken - I like Trader Joe’s pre-grilled!
- 100-200 calories of fats: 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Just triple or quadruple the recipe if you’re making for a few days 🤩🙌🏼
2. Zoodles & Meatballs
- 🍝 2 cups veggies: 2 cups zucchini noodles - I made them from frozen pre-zoodled zoodles
- 🧀 100-200 calories of fats: 1/3 cup feta cheese & 1 yogurt for some extra protein on the side
- 🍗 4-5oz protein: 5 turkey meatballs - made from frozen!
- 🌱 Seasoned with basil, oregano, salt & pepper
3. Pineapple Chicken
- 100-200 calories of fats: 1/2 avocado - I ran out for pictures but add 1/2 avocado or 1 single-serving packet of guacamole to each!)
- 4-5oz protein: 4oz chicken per serving - I made this chicken in the air fryer and then added 1 Tbsp barbecue sauce to each serving)
- 2 cups veggies: 2 cups shredded green & purple cabbage - I bought pre-shredded cabbage from Trader Joe’s
- Added 3/4 cup pineapple 🍍 tidbits (let thaw frozen frozen before adding to your lunch to make sure there won’t be extra liquid)
- And! Add 2 Tbsp fat free balsamic dressing to the cabbage “salad”. I love the taste of dressing & need it for salads, but it’s not worth the 200-300 calories of normal bottled dressing or even oil & vinegar!
4. Tuna Salad
- 2 cups veggies: 1 cup greens + 1 1/2 cucumbers, chopped
- 100-200 calories of fats: 1/8 cup walnuts + 1 Tbsp regular mayo
- 🐟 4-5oz protein: 1/2 can tuna + 1 hard boiled egg
- Also added 1/2 apple 🍎
5. Shrimp & Zoodle Bake
- 2 cups veggies: 2 cups zoodles - I use the frozen, pre-zoodled kind from Trader Joe’s! Heat them in a pot on the stove
- 🧀 100-200 calories of fats: 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 🍤 4-5oz protein: About 20 frozen pre-cooked shrimp - I like the medium ones from TJs. Also stir-fry these with an oil spray on the stove top - in a different pan from the zoodles!
6. Sausage & Pepper Sheet Pan with Cauli Rice
- 🍚 2 cups veggies: 1 bell pepper + 1 cup pre-riced cauliflower
- 🧀 100-200 calories of fats: 1/3 cup shredded cheese + 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 🌭 4-5oz protein: 1 sausage - I like Trader Joe’s apple chicken one
7. DIY Poke Bowls
- 2 cups veggies: 2 small cucumbers, sliced
- 100-200 calories of fats: 1/2 small avocado
- 🐟 4-5oz protein: 2oz smoked salmon + 1/2 cup cooked, shelled edamame - I boiled the frozen Trader Joe’s kind!
- Made it with 1/2 cup cooked rice! 🍚 and topped with 1 Tbsp sesame seeds and 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
8. Mediterranean Bowls
- 🍅 2 cups veggies: 1 tomato + 1 cucumber, chopped + seasoned with basil, oregano, salt & pepper
- 🧀 100-200 calories of fats: 1/4 cup feta cheese + 1/3 cup olives
- 🍗 4-5oz protein: 4oz chicken - I like the pre-grilled strips from Trader Joe’s!
9. Chicken, Rice & Tzatziki
- 🍅 2 cups veggies: 2 cups cherry tomatoes - 1 cup is pictured here but you make it correctly with 2 cups
- 🧀 100-200 calories of fats: 1 serving tzatziki
- 🍗 4-5oz protein: 4oz chicken - I like the pre-grilled strips from Trader Joe’s! Can you tell? I think I talk about it on repeat haha!
10. Collard Wrap Sandwiches
- Ingredients for 2 wraps (1 serving)
- 4 collard greens leaves (2 per wrap)
- 4 oz shredded chicken (you can make this in the stove or in the Instant Pot)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (1/4 cup per wrap)
- 1/2 avocado (half per wrap)
- Dip these in peanut sauce to add some extra filling fat . I love the Trader Joe’s & Whole Foods ones!
11. Pesto Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Protein: 4 oz grilled chicken
- Fats: 1/8 cup pesto
- Veggies: 1 cup tomatoes, chopped + 1 cucumber, sliced + 2 large lettuce leaves
- Fruit: 1 apple - I stick with 1 fruit per day!
12. Guacamole & Turkey Bento Boxes
- Protein: 4 oz turkey deli slices
- Fats: 1 guacamole packet to-go and 1 string cheese
- Veggies: 1 cup baby carrots & 1 cucumber, sliced
13. Caprese Bites Lunches
- Protein & Fat: 3 oz mini mozz balls
- Veggies: 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- Stick with toothpicks & dip in balsamic vinegar or glaze!
14. Pistachios, Eggs, and Round Wax Cheese Bento Box
- Protein: 2 hard boiled eggs
- Fat: 1 round wax cheese + 1/4 cup in-shell pistachios
- Veggies: 1 cup baby carrots + 1 cucumber, sliced
- Swap out nuts for a to-go guac if you prefer!
Also, be sure to check out our latest Meal Plan and what it includes!